My Animal Teachers
Coco: our 29 year old Cockatiel 'son' loves to keep us on our toes. Some may think that birds don't have personalities, and I'm here to tell you Coco has quite a personality. He even has a sense of humor! If he thinks something's funny, he'll make a clicking, laughing noise and smile! He makes sure Valentine is well taken care of by dropping some of his treats down to her below. It is quite a sight. Adopting Coco at a young age has taught me dedication, responsibility, and pure friendship. He has been with me through everything, even moving to three different states. He is one of my first pet companions and I adore him to pieces.
Valentine: our 12 year old Chihuahua 'daughter' loves her snuggle time. She came into our life when we least expected it. While volunteering at a local animal shelter, she was so small, yet her eyes spoke to me behind the cold bars. It was a snowy February day and her first in the shelter. No sooner than I opened the door and sit down to greet her, she jumped in my lap and has been there ever since. While my husband was uncertain about our new family member at first, she melts his heart and mine each day with her sweet attitude and love for life.
Angel: our 16 year old 'son' brings a song everywhere he goes. At age 14, he flew into our lives when my husband's uncle went into a nursing home and could no longer care for him. With my cockatiel experience, it was an easy choice. We're thrilled that Coco and Valentine have a brother. Since day one, Angel has been a delight. Each morning and evening he sings his little heart out, especially when he hears my husband's voice. Angel taught me to expect the unexpected and let your heart grow even bigger than before.
I have a passion for learning. Along with Reiki I, II, III, I've has taken the following courses:
- Canine CPR & First Aid
- Animal Reiki Master Teacher Training w/Kathleen Prasad
- Animal Reiki Internship w/Kathleen Prasad
- Animal Reiki Workshop: Core Curriculum
- Advanced Animal Communication
- Animal Communication
- Adapting Reiki to Animals
- Reiki Master Teacher Training (for humans)
- Intro to Shamanism
- Crystals & Healing Stones
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
- B.S. in Art Education
- Midwest Rescue of IL
- Anderson Animal Shelter, IL
- Magic's Mission, NY
- Tiny Hooves Rescue, WI
- Creates and sells handmade greeting cards to support local Rescues.
- Contact Amber to sell one-of-a-kind cards at your animal friendly location.
- Past Shelter Experience- Dog walker, Reiki for Cat in-take & open room
Proud member of Shelter Animal Reiki Association, Reiki Membership Association, and Ordained Minister.